BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Tagged Layouts »

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

First DBT session

Went to DBT today for the first time. It was actually really help and insightful. They started out the session with deep breathing. We inhaled from our noses, kept our breath in for a few minutes, and let our through our mouths..it was pretty relaxing.

The main thing I learned today is that if I am angry, depressed, whatever the emotion is..I just have to be able to recognize the emotion, name it, and instead of flying off the handle and creating another problem, I evaluate the situation. I ask..what am I upset at? Is this worth trouble/pain/crying over? It is really that big of a deal? That process I guess is called wise mind.

We also got a work sheet. A diary Log of our feelings and we mark if we practiced any techniques or not. I am really going to use it.

0 comments: