BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Tagged Layouts »

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sleepy head no more.

Its hard to get out of bed when you have 600 mg of Seroquel in you. I stupidly (on accident) took two Seroquel last night, when I only should be taking one. I guess I can blame it on my pot smoking. If I had been sober, the chances of me doing that are slim to none. Because of my little "mishap" I was in bed until 3 pm this afternoon. All morning I tried to force myself out of bed, but the drowsy feeling was too much to overcome, that every time I attempted to get up, I literally fell back in the bed and passed out again. Even though I would love to lay in my comfy king sized bed, with freshly washed sheets all day, and avoid the world I am so afraid of, I know this has to change. I am a young 23 year old woman, and I have to start acting that way.

Here I am, on my summer break from school, spending my days lazily laying around my house, playing video games, spending a lot of my day on Facebook just screwing around, and cleaning up around the house. Occasionally, I'll open up my book in a word document and stare at a page I have been stuck on the last few days. However, all in all, I have A. not been doing things I really enjoy for myself, and B. I haven't been very productive. I must change this "rut" I am in. My anxiety has really contributed to the way I have been spending my days.

For instance, I will put on my computer calendar "yoga every a.m." Okay, yoga is supposed to be fun right? It's not a chore, it's a hobby. Well, I treat it like some dreadful chore I have been trying to get out of. I know its my anxiety getting to me. Why would I be anxious to do yoga? I have no clue! I think it's the shear idea of doing something besides laying around all day that scares me. Change in routine or schedule freaks me out. Even if its something that is supposed to be enjoyable, like yoga.

However, tomorrow, I plan on having a relaxing and productive day, and conquering a.m. yoga. I plan on waking up at nine, doing yoga, then going to a coffee shop or library to write some in the book I am writing, and clean out our car (since there is a ton of sand in it from our beach trips). I just need to keep telling myself "Patti, getting out of the house is not scary or daunting. It's exciting, and far from boring."

3 comments:

UndercoverBorderline said...

Ack, I remember my sister on seroquel. I couldn't imagine being on 2 doses. x.x

And, I've been doing that. I really need to excersize, i feel better when I've gone to the gym consistently, and yet I let myself squeeze out all my me time, so I can be like "oh well, I didn't have time to go"

Good luck on your relaxing productive day! As a mom, I find little enough time to actually be productive anymore. >.<

Carrie said...

Thank you :) Yeah I am gonna try to do yoga everyday!

Unknown said...

Hi,
I am on 300mg seroquel also i dont know anyone else who takes it. I am curious if you get any side effects? I am 30 years old but i am not on holidays i have similar problems to you suffering from BPD, Anxiety and Depression. I have to fight myself to get out of bed and spend most of my time locked up at home. I'm a bit of a self-confessed facebook junkie myself and get a few things done around the house from time to time. I want to get out more live my life and start exercising i just havent managed to get around to it either. Anxiety seems to be playing a role here. I am just out the habit of getting out and about anymore. If you would like to check out my blog heres the link. Please leave a comment and let me know what you think :)
http://www.thoughts.com/BPDme/blog