BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Tagged Layouts »

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The meds

I got home from DBT a few hours ago..but before I dive into that..I forgot to mention that Friday was my medicine appointment and first with a psychiatrist at this new place..

He really didnt act like he knew what he was doing, he asked about my families history of mental illness and the like. Then, he handed me a freaking Bi-polar packet to take home..and shoved prescriptions at me. I am not bipolar. My boyfriend is and I am not anywhere close to that, I am not saying Bi-polar is a bad thing, I am just saying, that is NOT what I have. I am taking Lamictal and Lexapro in the morning. It was doing just fine without any side effects, but has since made me tired. I called my case worker, but she hasnt responded, so I am just going to start taking it at night instead. I wont stop taking it altogether, that would be bad. But, I will just take it at night instead. I was so freaking tired all day yesterday. After school, Him and I watched TV and hockey all night, and I kept falling back asleep. I slept soundly last night, but still woke up tired. Hopefully taking it at night will do the trick.

Now, DBT was pretty good today. This week we are supposed to be building on Mastery. Mastery is finding something you like to do, something that makes us feel accomplished and productive and doing that atleast once a day. Today I read some of my book, and my counselor said that that definitley works!

DBT is going well and I am impressed with it so far. It is like my haven going there. Everyone understands me and is going through the same thing that I am going through. I just hope it keeps going so well in the future.

0 comments: